Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Comerica Park


Here's the new stadium. When this first opened and they allowed us to take video cameras in and actually do home video of the games, which was pretty interesting. I don't remember taking a video camera in there however, so I don't think I have video. The stadium is partially sunk down into the ground so you can see more of the Detroit skyline when inside the park. I actually like the design of the park. I find it interesting. It used to be that you could just walk around and sit anywhere, if there were empty seats they'd let you sit almost anywhere as long as the ticket holder wasn't there. Some fans got upset because they were paying for really nice seats, and others who paid for cheap seats would wander into the expensive sections and take seats while paying much less to watch the game. This of course offended the high paying ticket fans. What I really liked about that policy was you could watch part of the game from one area of the park and then sit somewhere else. It wasn't like you had to sit in the best area, but you had a much wider variation of the experience of the game. There's still plenty of good places where you can stand and watch them from different vantage points however. It's not the same as the old stadium, but I never was a big fan of baseball and only attended maybe 6 games when I was a kid at Tiger Stadium. I've actually gone to Comerica park more than Tiger Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment