Monday, March 30, 2009

Destination is near Fisher Body Plant 21


This is one of the Fisher Body Plant areas. When I think about FIsher Body, I always think about a place on Fort Street that has been torn down. This is an area near I-94 and I-75 however. This is near Fisher Body 21. Here we see some abandoned houses which are near some new construction. I find it fascinating to see abandoned burned out houses, right next to new construction in Detroit. This could be looked at in a negative or positive light. Who wants to live near an eye sore? Someone will, often the former residents of the eye sore. As bad rental housing or some unfortunate accident happens, there's someplace new to move to. Maybe across the street. There was a smell of natural gas near the front sidewalk of these houses. I didn't report the smell. Maybe another day. There was a guy working on a house that looked as old as these a half a block away. It needed work and he was working on the porch or railing. These houses will likely be torn down, at least that's what I'd think while looking at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment