Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We drove up past Fort street back a ways and drive near Lodge Freeway


Here's the John King bookstore. A large used bookstore. I remember going there for lunch and being in the Michigan history book room, and a guy asked my friend if we wanted to be in there. We didn't know why another person would question why we were in a certain room of the used book store ignored him and kept looking at books. Then my friend said, "hey let's get out of here." We walked out to another area of the building and there was a large guy looking at books in the room whom I practically ignored and didn't even notice. "Do you know who that was in there?" my friend asked. No I didn't notice. That was Governor John Engler. Apparently Engler liked to visit once in a while and was looking for history books. One of his state trooper security guys was apparently trying to clear the way and check us out and that's why he asked us if we wanted to be there. We continued on out and returned to work from our lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment