Monday, March 30, 2009

Yes many birds fly over Detroit


This is a major migratory route for birds. They fly across the river from Canada in large numbers. It's easier to fly across the narrow straits of Detroit. Birds have to conserve energy and use the winds and choose a better path. So one path is across the river, down Woodward and then take a left turn down Grand Boulevard toward Monroe and Toledo. It's a major flight path. And some birds like Falcons sit on buildings like the Fisher building and wait for dinner to fly by. Falcons like tall buildings like a natural cliff. And seek to save energy by flying off the high building down toward their prey. This hawk (I think I mistyped this as an eagle in the other post (I'll correct that) was soaring slowly northward. I thought I had him on video as well, but pressed the record button twice and paused it. Darn. Anyway I took a few stills. I would have taken more had I not thought I was getting great video.

No comments:

Post a Comment